In the project that I am currently involved, the main ADF enterprise application is split into smaller logical units each represented by a separate JDeveloper application workspace. Each application can be debugged separately in JDeveloper using the integrated WebLogic application server. If we need however to debug the whole ADF application as deployed on the application server, the only way we could do so is through remote debugging.
The basic steps involved in remote debugging an ADF application deployed in WebLogic are summarized below:
- Installation and configuration of the WebLogic application server
- Configuration of WebLogic to support remote debugging
- Configuration of project in JDeveloper
- Actual debugging of the application
1. Installation and configuration of the WebLogic application server
Please refer to FAQ #1 – How to configue the standalone WebLogic server for deploying ADF applications from JDeveloper 11g R1 (22.214.171.124.0) for information about how to install and configure WebLogic.
2. Configuration of WebLogic to support remote debugging